Shopping small makes a big investment in your community
If long lines, big crowds and pushing and shoving over the season’s hottest deals aren’t your ideal way of crossing things off your holiday list, we’re here to suggest you skip out on shopping the big box retailers on Black Friday and save your shopping budget for shopping local instead.
The number one reason? The shopping experience is less stressful and much more enjoyable. But, it’s so much more than that. It’s more than just a shopping experience, when you shop local, you’re supporting and promoting the wonderful area that we live in.
We’ve compiled the top reasons to participate in shopping local for Black Friday and Shop Small Saturday this year plus a preview of some of the unique gifts you can find while visiting the Shops at Willow Park.
When you shop at the big box retailers, it’s virtually impossible to find anything unique. After all, their offerings are found at locations across the country. The owners of local shops hand select the items in their stores, taking into careful consideration their customers likes and dislikes.
You’re making an investment in YOUR community.
The retail industry is one of the most competitive industries out there and being the owner of a local retail business is even harder. When you shop at a local boutique, you’re making a personal investment in your community.
Because local store owners have more invested (both monetarily and personally) in their business, the customer service tends to be much better. Often times, you’ll even be helped by the business owner themselves. Often times, frequent shoppers become friends with the business owner which can lead to personal phone calls regarding sales and new arrivals.
You’re helping to market our city.
If you’re like many of us, you have a number of family members who live out of town on your holiday gift list. Instead of buying them something they could buy in their own city, why not shop small and find something that shows the unique flavor of our wonderful city.
Need a little more convincing?
Several of our retailers have teamed up to give you even more reason to shop small this weekend.
- If you spend $50 at Byrd Mill, Carys Lane, Lone Star Dry Goods and Red Horse Boutique, you have a chance to win a grand prize worth more than $400! Visit any participating retailer for more information. Word is that they may also have special doorbuster deals and discounts for Black Friday and Shop Small Saturday that will be announced on their social media channels or when visiting the store.
- 2 Ten Salon will be offering 20% off retail product + free gift at their courtyard location
- Nutrition Nation is opening at 8 a.m. Friday and will have 50% off 8-9 a.m., 40% off 9-10 a.m. and 30% off rest of day. *EXCLUDES proteins and bars. They will also have $3.00 smoothies all day. The first 15 people at the door will receive a free product no strings attached. Could be a hoodie, vitamins, protein or maybe even a pre workout.
- Orange Leaf – Enjoy a $1 smoothie or shake with the purchase of $5 or more in gift cards on Friday, November 29th. Must print coupon from website.
- Parker County Brewing Company – 3 Days of Deals – Friday – Sunday — Black Friday Brunch and 25% off all merchandise.
- New this week is Meld, our holiday popup shops. With some of the top local artisans in the area, you are sure to knock out your holiday gifts. Come out for the Grand Opening on Shop Small Saturday for holiday sips, sweets and giveaways!
We’ve also rounded up some of the unique finds available at these local stores, with many of the items being made by local residents.
So, skip the angry mob of deal hungry shoppers and enjoy a relaxing day after Thanksgiving with friends and family instead. And if you really need to take advantage of this season’s hottest big box retailer’s deals, there’s always Cyber Monday.