Latest news in eye wear trends
There was a time when wearing glasses was considered nerdy or for people who just didn’t care how they looked. Well, that time has definitely changed. Whether you’re in prescription eye glasses or just looking to update your style with a pair of non-prescription frames, being a member of the four-eyed club is no longer something to be ashamed of.
And, in case you haven’t noticed, the number of people wearing glasses these days continues to grow. According to the Vision Council of America, approximately 75% of adults use some sort of vision correction. About 64% of them wear eyeglasses, and about 11% wear contact lenses, either exclusively, or with glasses. Over half of all women and about 42% of men wear glasses.
Instead of your glasses being an afterthought, consider them an easy accessory to instantly update your style. These days, there are so many eyewear options that you’re guaranteed to find something that fits your style. And, with glasses being so affordable these days, there’s no reason why you can’t own more than one pair of glasses, depending on your outfit or your mood that day.
Whether you’re feeling studious, going for classic elegance or channeling your bold personality, there are plenty of frames on the market to match whatever look you’re going for on any given day.
To keep you up to date on the latest trends in eye wear, we’ve rounded up some of the season’s top trends:
- Clear plastic frames. Elegant, simple and subtle, it appears transparent and white frames aren’t going anywhere anytime soon. If you want to go a little trendier, try out some of the transparent colors out there like pink, red or tortoise shell.
- Tortoise shell with a twist. This season, the traditional tortoise shell glasses are getting a makeover with many different colors and patterns including pink, white and teal. You’re guaranteed to find a color that coordinates best with your hair and eye color.
- Statement making gold. Gold rimmed glasses are delicate and inspire elegance, perfect for office and fun, quirky outfits alike. These are often a favorite for men but look great on women as well.
- Bold colors. Reds, pinks and purples are also popular this season, especially for fashionistas who like to make bold statements. Before you count this trend out, try a pair on, you may change your mind!
- So many shapes. From cat eye, oversized square and round glasses to aviator and smaller, understated shapes, there is no shortage of shapes to choose from this season.
Feeling inspired to update your look but not sure which style is best for your face? Glasses are like clothes and there are some styles that should be avoided, depending on your face shape. If you’re not sure which frames are most flattering for you, the knowledgeable staff at Eyes Décor is here to help you!
They have a wide variety of designer frames and their staff will be with you every step of the way to help you pick out a pair (or pairs!) that work best with your style and face shape.