It comes around every year but why does it seem to always sneak up on us? Yes, we’re talking about Father’s Day. Coming up with a unique idea or buying them something they want before they just buy themselves often seems impossible.
How can a “thing” possibly show the love and appreciation you have for your dad, husband or other important father figure in your life?
Not to worry, we’ve come up with some out-of-the-box ideas to help you in your quest for the perfect gift.
- Is the dad you’re buying for a beer lover? Then a trip to a local brewery might be right up his alley. If beer isn’t your thing, get together with a group of moms and plan a “man date” for them to meet up and talk about “man stuff.”
- For the metrosexual man in your life, a massage and/or facial is probably something they wouldn’t book on their own but will secretly love. Bonus? They’ll come home relaxed and rejuvenated. Something a hard working dad definitely deserves.
- Does your hubby work long hours? Or does grandpa not get enough time with his grandchildren? How about a day date with the kiddos for some quality time? Mom’s participation can be optional as moms do have a tendency to steal the show when they’re around. A surprise breakfast outing or a trip to a frozen yogurt shop is a win/win for everyone; quality time for dad or grandpa and the kids and just maybe a little “me” time for mom.
- How long has it been since you’ve been on a date night with your husband? If you’re like most couples, it’s been too long. Book a babysitter and make a reservation at a nice restaurant for some time to reconnect.
- Is your man a yogi or one that could benefit from the relaxation that comes with a yoga class? Book a morning class for both of you and enjoy some coffee and breakfast after.
Stuff they need but won’t get on their own
- Dying to get rid of your husband’s ratty t-shirts and stained hats he wears on the weekend? Up his style by picking out some trendier weekend wear. Bonus if you manage to get rid of the “dad shorts” (cargos) in the process!
- Are you tired of looking at your man’s $5 pair of sunglasses? Splurge a little and get him a pair of designer shades.
- Is your husband king of the $7.99 haircut? Make them an appointment for a haircut at a salon so they can see and experience the difference in quality.
Hopefully we’ve sparked a few ideas for you. And, remember, it truly is the thought that counts.
Where to go:
- Man date at Parker County Brewing Company
- Ziva Nail Lounge for a massage or facial
- Day date with the kids – Sunny Street Cafe for breakfast or Orange Leaf Yogurt Frozen Yogurt for a mid-afternoon snack
- Date night at Drakes Yoke Wood & Wine
- Yoga outing – Yoga at Tree of Life Wellness Center and coffee and breakfast at Cafe 23:5
- Weekend wear at Lone Star Dry Goods to go with some new shades from Eye Décor
- Salon style haircut at 2 Ten Salon Studios
- Byrd Mill… the store that has gifts for everyone